Night at the museum

I knew the Night at the Museum would be a great day once I took a wonderful 30 minute nap after eating some delicious pizza (thank you Lisa and Anita). The second I walked in I took a picture of the giant wood statues of the KAWS figures. I find it cool when I see something of my generation in a museum. A day like the N@TM made me even more thankful for being in Macaulay, showing how much that the program truly cares about the students, you won’t find that at any other college in America.

Being with the other Macaulay students was cool, I met new people and also saw familiar faces. I did the first assignment in a group with Jackson, we used the painting of 2 African Americans with their homes wrecked from a flood, showing how the impoverished areas are affected by natural disasters.
This picture is from the Brooklyn museum website I didn’t take the picture there.

The work by myself was a cool picture of a Native American man with a gun in his hand and he was riding a horse. It turns out that the man was a failed businessman who was moving west because of the recent westward expansion, and he was going to become a rancher.

The Night at the Museum was a great experience and I can see why it is hyped up early on in the year, to be able to close out a museum for the students. The use of group activity and solo activity was a great way to get the students engaged in the art.